FAQ

1.  How do I contact SPGF?

The best contact method is through email.   Our email address is spgfsoftball@gmail.com

If you have an Incident during a game or a Complaint about the Softball Complex Facility, please fill out our online Incident form and it will get routed to the correct person.  It can be found under the Coach/Player Resources tab

 

2. How do I register my daughter to play?
We have a new online registration portal this year.  We no longer offer registrations through a paper form.  All Players must register individually due to the collection of agreements and waivers that are being signed electronically.  You can click on the link below to begin the process (After Jan 3, 2017).


3.  What if I don’t have a computer or internet access to register?
We have a walkup registration where we will have computers available for you to use.  Our Next walkup registration will be TBA

 

4.  How much is Registration and do you offer a payment plan?
For Spring 2017, the cost of registration is…
Division 6u is $100
Divisions 8u, 10u, 12u, 14u is $140

We accept Credit/Debit cards only with online registration and we offer a payment plan where you pay 60% when you register and the remaining 40% will be charged to the same card on or about March 15th.

We also accept Cash, if you need to pay with Cash, please complete the first step in the registration process, then attend our walk up registration to finish the registration/payment process. Payment plan not available for Cash Payment.

Unfortunately, we can no longer accept personal checks.

 

5.  Do you offer any Sponsorship discounts.

Yes.   For 2017, If you bring a sign sponsor to the league, You will receive half off your registration fees.  Please click the link below for the sponsorship form

2016 Sponsorship Form

 

6. What are your Age Divisions and how are they determined?
All age divisions are based on the player’s age as of January 1st of the current year.
6u – (Pixie) –  Ages 4 – 6
8u – (Machine Pitch) – Ages 7 – 8
10u – Ages 9 – 10
12u – Ages 11 – 12
14u – Ages 13 – 14

 

7.  What are the Dates for the 2017 Spring Season? (All Date subject to Change due to number of Girls that register and Teams that play.)

For Spring 2017,

January 3rd – Online Registration Opens
February 17th – Registration Ends
February 18th – February 24th –  Late Registration –  $10 late fee will be added

Games will be played in April & May. Exact dates are TBA based on registered number of teams.

We usually play games on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.   Wednesdays and Saturdays are reserved for makeup games due to weather cancellation or other scheduling conflicts.

 

8. Do you notify us about game cancellations due to weather or other events? 

Yes,    Please register for our Free** Texting Service.   Text     SPGF   to    555888

Any League News, Reminders, and Game Cancellations due to weather or other events  will be announced through this texting service FIRST.  **Depending on your carrier and texting plan, Standard text messaging rates will apply.

And as time allows, we will update our website, www.spgfsoftball.com , our facebook page www.facebook.com/SouthPlainsGirlsFastpitch  and our twitter account.  www.twitter.com/spgfsoftball

 

9.  What bats are legal to use with SPGF?

SPGF is associated with USA Softball.  The bats used in SPGF league play need to have the ASA Certification logo with either 2000 or 2004 to be legal in our organization.  The “New USSSA Thumbprint” does not matter for SPGF league play.   With that, there are some bats that have the ASA 2000 / 2004 markings which are not approved.  You can find a listing of those bats on USA’s NON APPROVED BATS WITH 2000 AND 2004 CERTIFICATION MARKINGS.

USA Certified bats will be requried for 8u, 10u, 12u, and 14u divisions.
6u division can use any bat which is approved by any organization.

All bats for All Divisions must be free from any defects (dents, rattles, etc) that might make the bat dangerous to use.

 

10.  Can I attend a Board Meeting?
Yes.  All Board Meetings are open to the public.  We encourage anyone that wants to get involved with SPGF, to please attend these meetings,  we are always looking for help with SPGF’s day to day activities.   The date, time and location of meetings are posted on our website www.spgfsoftball.com

 

11.  Can I Umpire in your league?
Yes,  Please email us at  spgfsoftball@gmail.com   we will send your information to our UIC and he will get in contact with you with more information.